Founded in 1980
The Secret of Success is Constancy of Purpose
Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)
LILT was organized by a group of dedicated educators who recognized their obligation to professional growth, and their responsibility to successfully service and educate their students. They were equally united in their commitment to promote and advance the positive image and viable position of second language instruction on Long Island and in New York State.
- A forum for ongoing communication and exchange of ideas in foreign language education
- Opportunities for professional development
- Direction and leadership on local, state and national issues regarding standards for second language instruction and acquisition
- Leadership in the development, innovation, and implementation of curricula and programs
- Sponsorship of regional events and programs which promote teacher/student participation and excellence
LILT is approved by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a sponsor of Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE). The approval is pursuant to section 80-6 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education. Attendance at our LILT General Membership Meetings, LILT Annual Conference and LILT Professional Development Workshops can count towards satisfying the required 100 hours of Professional Development every five years.
LILT Executive Board>>
LILT Past Presidents>>